PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING! (The violation of any of the following policies may lead to the immediate termination of the violator.)
- Absolutely no promotion of adult material or illegal activities!
- When sending out the same e-mail to multiple addresses, the addresses must be placed in the BCC: box, NOT the TO: or CC: boxes. (You can also use an e-mail program such as Aureate Group Mail, or any other program that does not expose e-mail addresses when mailing to a list.) This is to keep non members from getting access to the Smart-list addresses and abusing them.If you do not know if your e-mail program has the BCC: option or do not know how to use it, contact us at email@example.com and we will help you out, and yes, AOL, Outlook Express and Netscape Messenger all support BCC:. Please be sure to let us know what e-mail program you are using. If your software does not have the BCC: option, you can get a free e-mail account at Hotmailwith this option.
- Removal requests by must be honored by all members.
- Members may send 2 messages per week, but the messages must be sent on seperate days when mailing to the Smart-list address list. Members may also post no more than two messages to the Smart-list List Server per week. Messages posted to the Smart-list List Server must be limited to a maximum of 20 lines, with no more than 70-75 characters per line including spaces. This policy may change as the list grows.
- A member may only use the address that he or she has registered with Smart-list.com when mailing to other members. A member may change their registered address, but will need to register the new address with the list manager and receive approval before utilizing it.
- There is to be no use of autoresponders with Smart-list. Member may use autoresponders in the body of their messages only.
- Do not combine Smart-list.com with any other safe-lists that you may belong to! Do not combine these addresses with other safe list addresses when composing your mail! Even though we are using the BCC: box, it is not very hard for someone to get into the header of the e-mail and see all of the addresses.
- There is to be no distributions of the Smart-list addresses to any outside parties. The members of Smart-list have signed-up and given permission to be placed on the Smart-list safe list only!
- Members of Smart-list may not sign-up other members for e-zines, other safe lists, or any other type of mailing list. Members promoting these types of mailing lists may only send invitation's to the other members.
- The following must be copied and pasted in the top of all messages posted to the Smart-list address list:
(THIS IS NOT SPAM. YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS E-MAIL BECAUSE YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE SMART-LIST. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST, TYPE REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX OF YOUR REPLY.)
Please do not mention any other safe-list in this heading. If your mail does not contain this heading, it will not be considered or respected as a mailing from Smart-list. Messages posted to the Smart-list List Server do not need to have this header.
- Excessive mailings to the members may lead to the removal of a member if there are complaints. Please use common sense when sending out your mail. Do not bombard the same members with the same offer continuously.
- In the event that a member requests to be removed, he/she must send a removal message to the Smart-list.com list manager. The removal will be reported to the remaining members on the next weekly mailing of the updated Smart-list. Until the updated Smart-list is sent to the remaining members, the removed must reply with REMOVE in the subject header to all Smart-list messages.
- If a member witnesses any violations of the above policies, they must send their complaint directly to the Smart-list.com list manager.Do not contact the violators' service provider. If this step needs to be taken, it will be done by the list manager.